The Wolf Pack-N-Give program diverts the materials often discarded from the large exodus of students at the end of each year. University Housing and NC State’s Waste Reduction and Recycling Office collaborate to reduce waste during the end of the spring semester. By collecting what would have gone into the landfill (using 1-800-Pack-Rat), organizing the valuable items, and donating them to local organizations, reuse becomes a win-win. Items are donated to TROSA and Feed the Pack Food Pantry.
Wolf Pack-n-Give 2020: Coming Soon!
- Futon Mattresses & Frames (broken metal futon frames should be placed next to a landfill rolloff; Move Out staff will collect them for recycling)
- Electronics (broken electronics should be placed in the yellow Electronics Recycling bins on campus)
- Small home goods
- Clothing (laundered and in good condition)
- Food Items (non-perishable and unopened – individually wrapped items are acceptable)
- Bedding and linens (laundered and in good condition, no pillows)
- Rugs/Carpets (please place ALL carpets inside the Pack Rats; Move Out teams will determine condition for donation)
- School supplies
- Dish and laundry soap (these items do not need to be new, please make sure caps are properly sealed to prevent spilling)
- Personal Care Items (shampoo, body wash, etc.)
- Lofts and building materials used as furniture (ex. wood, metal and cement blocks
Donations will be accepted at any of the outdoor Pack Rat stations on campus between the hours of 8:00 am-10:00 pm. There are also a few indoor drop-off locations available. Click here to view a printable campus map of all of the donation stations.