Reduce your waste and reliance on single-use disposables! Bring Your Own (cup, bag, spork, straw, you name it!) while on campus and help the Wolfpack strive for zero waste.
- 585,773 lbs. of drink containers and cups are sent to the landfill each year on campus!
- Help us avoid the waste and BRING YOUR OWN!
- Save the planet and save money!
- 28,010 lbs. of retail plastic bags are sent to the landfill each year on campus!
- Avoid plastic bags by taking reusable bags when shopping!
- Clean & dry plastic bags can only be recycled at local grocery stores.
- BYO bag and refuse single-use plastics!
BYO Whatever You Need
- 8 million metric tons of plastic enters our oceans every year.
- What are you tossing in the landfill or recycling each day?
- Is there a reusable option for what you are putting in the bin?
- BYO (whatever) and save the planet!
Each year 36 billion single-use plastic utensils are used in the United States. The items can NOT be recycled and must be tossed into a landfill bin. Single-use plastics are a waste of both environmental and economic resources. Help NC State become a zero waste campus and choose to Bring Your Own reusable fork, spork, chopsticks, or spoon with you when eating out. If ordering from a local restaurant, be sure to let them know that don’t want these items included with your order. Tip: use the notes section if ordering through an app!