- 585,773 lbs. of drink containers and cups are sent to the landfill each year on campus!
- Help us avoid the waste and BRING YOUR OWN!
- Save the planet and save money!
- 28,010 lbs. of retail plastic bags are sent to the landfill each year on campus!
- Avoid plastic bags by taking reusable bags when shopping!
- Clean & dry plastic bags can only be recycled at local grocery stores.
- BYO bag and refuse single-use plastics!
BYO Whatever You Need
- 8 million metric tons of plastic enters our oceans every year.
- What are you tossing in the landfill or recycling each day?
- Is there a reusable option for what you are putting in the bin?
- BYO (whatever) and save the planet!
Each year 36 billion single-use plastic utensils are used in the United States. The items can NOT be recycled and must be tossed into a landfill bin. Single-use plastics are a waste of both environmental and economic resources. If ordering from a local restaurant, be sure to let them know that don’t want these items included with your order either in person or by using the notes section if ordering through an app! Help NC State become a zero waste campus and choose to #BYO reusable fork, spork, chopsticks, or spoon!
Fork It Over!
Inspired by local and national calls to #SkipTheStuff, Waste Reduction & Recycling hosted Fork It Over: A Plastic Utensil Collection Event during Earth Month 2021. Collecting more than 11,600 sealed plastic utensils weighing 148 pounds, WRR used this event to remind participants to choose reusables whenever ordering take-out. Fortunately, these plastic utensils will do some good, as they were donated to local organizations that deliver meals to people in need.
Skip the Stuff
Each year 36 billion single-use plastic utensils are used in the United States. Join the movement to refuse single-use!
Just Say No
Zero Waste Intern Logan Mossbarger explains why he declines disposables in this article post.
Plastic or Planet
Join National Geographic to explore our world's problem with plastics and how we can save the planet.