Office Recycling Support
Office Recycling Support
Request services to properly reuse and recycle materials from your office & department! Educational support and programming related to zero waste are also available. Contact us for details.
Please review the following services provided to the campus community. Billing rates may apply depending on the scope of project.
Office & Department Clean Outs
Do you have staff or faculty who are retiring, moving offices, or simply reorganizing their spaces? Utilize our clean out carts to assist with these intermittent purges of material. Up to 6 clean out carts can be delivered at no cost to reuse and recycle unwanted materials from your office and/or department by using the Request Service form.
- For small clean outs (1-3 carts), WRR will deliver bins to an office.
- For larger &/or department clean outs (4-6 carts), WRR will deliver bins to an arranged location. It is the responsibility of the building occupants to return the carts to that site where they will be rotated out with empty carts by WRR.
- Once your clean out is completed, contact WRR to have the carts removed.
- Do not use hallway bins or walkway bins to dispose of your material.
- WRR will NOT pick-up carts if bins are overfull and/or not used properly!
- Take trash to an exterior landfill dumpster. Contact your Housekeeping Zone Manager if you need trash bags.
- Breakdown cardboard and take to an exterior mixed recycling dumpster.
- Contact University Surplus Property Services for University owned property and/or disposal of bulk items.
- Recycle small electronics in the yellow electronic recycling cart outside your building
- Contact EH&S for hazardous material pick-ups, such as paint & chemicals.
- Please note that clean out carts may be difficult to move when completely full. Do not overfill! We recommend a max of 75% capacity to make transporting them easier & safe.
- Request reuse carts for items that can be donated to students on campus.
- Accepted items include: binders, folders and desk accessories like staplers, paper clips, & pens.
- Remember to remove papers from binders and hanging-file folders.
- Request office recycling carts for recyclable items when cleaning out filing cabinets or when large volumes of recyclabes are generated.
- Accepted items include: all paper, file folders, magazines, newspapers, & paperboard boxes.
- Do NOT use hallway bins to recycle these items during office clean-outs as bins are too heavy to lift & manage.
Whether your department is clearing out their storage rooms, or they have just received a shipment and have a number of pallets that need to be hauled away, Waste Reduction and Recycling offers both free and billable services available for disposal and recycling of bulk material. Please contact us directly for assistance and to receive a quote.
There are numerous vendors that come to campus for confidential pick-ups and shredding. If you use an outside vendor, please communicate with us the amount (weight) of paper being shredded. Our office is responsible for tracking all material disposed/recycled at NC State even if we do not take care of the collection.
WRR does NOT offer shredding services at this time.
If your office or department would like to change the amount, location, or type of landfill or recycling bins currently in place, please fill out the Service Request Form or contact us. We can also work with your department to install Zero Waste Workplace elements. We will be happy to work with you on any changes that will best serve your building.
Education & Outreach
WRR provides educational support & programming for individuals, offices, and departments to learn about NC State’s waste reduction & recycling goals and mission. Contact us to request interactive workshops, Learn at Lunch presentations, and/or shareable resources (flyers, graphics, videos).