Request services to properly reuse, recycle, and dispose of materials from your office & department; Educational support and programming related to zero waste is also available. Contact us for details.
Please review the following services provided to the campus community. Billing rates may apply depending on scope of project.
Office & Department Clean Outs
Up to 6 clean out carts can be delivered at no cost in order to recycle paper, books, journals, magazine and to collect reusable office supplies, including binders, folders, & desk accessories. Office clean outs generally utilize 1-3 carts; larger/departmental clean outs will require more coordination with WRR.
- Please contact us as early as you can to schedule service.
- Using the Request Service form, you can request carts for recycling and for reusable office supplies
- For small clean outs (1-3 carts), WRR will deliver bins to an office. Contact us for removal once your clean out is complete.
- For larger &/or department clean outs (4-6 carts), WRR will deliver bins to an arranged location. It is the responsibility of the building occupants to return the carts to that site where they will be rotated out with empty carts by WRR.
- Once your department clean out is completed, contact WRR to have the carts removed.
- Bins can also be designated for reusable office supplies, such as folders, binders and desk accessories for WRR to collect and donate to students each year.
- Please remove papers from binders and hanging-file folders; recycle the papers in a clean out cart and place the binders & folders in a reusable supplies cart
- Please do not use hallway bins or walkway bins to dispose of your material.
- Breakdown cardboard and take to an exterior cardboard dumpster; take trash to an exterior landfill dumpster.
- Recycle small electronics in the yellow electronic recycling cart outside your building
- Contact EH&S for hazardous material pick-ups, such as paint & chemicals.
- Contact University Surplus Property Services for University owned property and/or disposal of bulk items.
- WRR does not provide bags for recycling &/or landfill.
- Please note that clean-out carts may be difficult to move when completely full. We recommend not filling them to the top to make transporting easier.
Whether your department is clearing out their storage rooms, or they have just received a shipment and have a number of pallets that need to be hauled away, Waste Reduction and Recycling offers both free and billable services available for disposal and recycling of bulk material. Please contact us directly for assistance and to receive a quote.
There are numerous vendors that come to campus for confidential pick-ups and shredding. If you use an outside vendor, please communicate with us the amount (weight) of paper being shredded. Our office is responsible for tracking all material disposed/recycled at NC State even if we do not take care of the collection.
WRR does NOT offer shredding services at this time.
If your office or department would like to change the amount, location, or type of landfill or recycling bins currently in place, please fill out the Service Request Form or contact us. We can also work with your department to install Zero Waste Workplace elements. We will be happy to work with you on any changes that will best serve your building.
Education & Outreach
WRR provides educational support & programming for individuals, offices, and departments to learn about NC State’s waste reduction & recycling goals and mission. Contact us to request interactive workshops, Learn at Lunch presentations, and/or shareable resources (flyers, graphics, videos).