Pizza boxes are not always able to be recycled due to grease and cheese residue left on the boxes. At NC State University pizza boxes can be composted. The Pizza Box Composting Project is a partnership between WRR and University Housing.
- Pizza boxes
- Pizza slices/crust
- Paper plates
- Remove all plastic pizza stands, sauce containers and packets from the pizza box before composting
- Do not compost any type of plastic (ex. plastic utensils, cups, plates)
- Visit the University Housing Pizza Box Composting Project page for more tips and information
- Bragaw- South, Lee and Sullivan halls (Lee Hall parking lot by the trash dumpster)
- Bragaw- North, Lee and Sullivan halls (Bragaw Hall parking lot by the trash dumpster)
- Bowen, Carroll, Metcalf halls (against the brick wall near the trash dumpster)
- Avent Ferry Complex (waste station by Fort Fisher Hallor F building)
- Wolf Village (waste station by the bus stop)
- Wolf Ridge (waste station by Plaza Hall)
- Honors Village (against Becton & tucked behind existing trash & recycling dumpsters)
The pizza images on the map show the exact locations of the pizza box composting dumpsters.