For information regarding the autoclaved items process, please contact Environmental Health and Safety at (919) 515-6863.
- Biological, microbiological, and related wastes that have been autoclaved in accordance to University guidelines.
- Autoclaved waste should be placed in the red bio-hazardous waste containers, which are located in the vicinity of the larger solid waste landfill dumpsters at buildings containing autoclaves.
- Orange biohazard bags are no longer used at NC State. Only clear bags are acceptable.
- Labeled/marked biohazard bags cannot be placed in regular dumpsters or trash receptacles, even if disinfected.
- If material cannot be decontaminated properly, please contact Environmental Health and Safety at (919) 515-6863.