Annual Shredding/Recycling Drive
Hoard no longer those broken TVs and & outdated electronics. Let go of those 20th century receipts and records. NC State University’s annual shredding and recycling drive on Wednesday, March 8, 2017 is an opportunity to safely and responsibly dispose of your personal unwanted items. The event is free and open to the public.
Please note this event has moved down the street, to the parking lots behind Partners II at 840 Main Campus Drive!
From 9 a.m. through 1 p.m. in the lot behind 840 Main Campus Drive on NC State’s Centennial Campus, the following items will be accepted:
- Corded electronics such as computers, handheld devices, small kitchen appliances, televisions and cell phones
- Electronic-related items such as batteries, CDs and USB drives
- Rigid plastics such as buckets, flower pots and coolers
- Up to 10, 50-pound boxes of mixed paper per person
- Plastic bags
- CFL and other fluorescent light bulbs
- Pens, markers, & mechanical pencils
Click Here for a complete list of all accepted items.
Click Here to volunteer!
Thank you to our 2017 Partners!
For future events and recycling opportunities, like NC State Recycles on Facebook!
The following sites have information on other shredding and recycling events open to the public:
Annual Shredding/Recycling Drive Impact
- 28,600 lbs of paper shredded and recycled by Shimar Recycling plus an additional 5,840 lbs recycled by our office- that’s a total of 34,440 lbs of paper recycled!
- 10,590 lbs of electronics recycled by PowerHouse Recycling
- 440 lbs of cardboard recycled
- 1000 lbs of rigid plastics recycled
- 407 participants
- 9,860 lbs of paper shredded and recycled by Shred Ace
- 3,764 plastic bags recycled by the NC State Stewards.
- 9,765 lbs of electronics recycled by PowerHouse Recycling
- 420 lbs of cardboard recycled
- 261 participants