WE Recycle Volunteer Information
Volunteers cruise the tailgating lots distributing clear recycling bags to the tailgaters. We also give fans a WE Recycle drink Koozie for their recycling efforts. (Tailgaters love our koozies! You will be bombarded with enthusiasm for recycling!) Volunteers provide instruction to tailgaters on what can go into the clear bags (cans, plastic bottles, glass bottles) and that they should tie the bags and place them on the ground once they are full. The bags are then collected by collection crews after the game.
After cruising the lots, we meet back up approximately 30-45 minutes before kickoff to hand out tickets and collect backpacks. At this time you are free to go into the game.
HOW DO I SIGN UP?
To volunteer, see the volunteer sign up link on the side bar of this page or click here. Volunteers do not need to be affiliated with NC State University (students, faculty and staff are welcome to volunteer with friends and family). Volunteers under the age of 18 must be with a parent at all times and sign a waiver.
We have a limited number of game tickets, parking passes and volunteer supplies. These are given away on a first come, first serve basis. If possible, please obtain a student ticket through the ticketing website.
As the games approach, we will contact you approximately 2 weeks in advance to confirm you are still interested in volunteering and that you want a ticket and/or parking pass. We will also provide detailed information on a meet-up time and location. Please note - volunteer slots are on a first come, first serve basis, and we may not be able to utilize all of the volunteers that sign up for each game. You will only receive an email from us if you are selected to volunteer.
WHEN & WHERE TO MEETWe meet between 3-4 hours prior to game time for a short orientation in the student lot (new this year!). Because game times are not always decided until the last minute and change from game to game, we will set the meeting time and relay it via email.
IMPORTANT THINGS TO REMEMBER
- All volunteers must wear closed toed shoes (This is a safety issue!)
- You will need transportation to and from the stadium.
- Wear comfortable clothes and closed toed shoes to walk around in! We will be outside walking around the tailgating lots, so be sure to dress appropriately for the weather.
- You may want to bring an extra pair of clothes if you are going to the game after volunteering. We don't anticipate on you getting dirty, but on a hot day you may want to change before the game.
- Remember, we will provide you with a WE Recycle t-shirt to put on when you get here.
- Stay hydrated! Bring a water bottle or reusable cup with you. We will allow time for you to fill up your bottles before heading over to the stadium.
- All volunteers under the age of 18 must be with a parent at all times and sign a waiver.
- Partaking in any alcoholic beverages while volunteering is prohibitted. As soon as your duties are done - you are free to do as you please.